The need for Aadhar card is increasingly being felt and the Government too, with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), is keen on making the Aadhar cards for each and every citizen of the nation. If you are an Aadhar card holder, it is fine. But if you are not, here is a bit of useful information for you. First of all, you must realise that the Aadhar card is a very important document and must not neglect your need for it. After all, it is a unique identity for all the people of the country, from the kids to the olds. Hence, you must take an active initiative to get your card made as soon as possible.
Why do you need to check the status?
- Normally, it has been observed that the time taken to make a card varies between three to four months. Sometimes you can get it even faster. You must realise that the entire process is extremely confidential and requires a lot of verifications in order to make sure of the authenticity of the information. Thus, sometimes it may take longer than the usual period of time.
- After the verifications are officially over, you are sent a message on your registered phone number or acknowledgement is sent to you in your email. This assures you that the verification process is over, and it is only a matter of time that you receive the card by post. Sometimes, it may occur that you get no response from the other end and are kept waiting for information for a long time. Under such situations, the online system of checking the status of your Aadhar card comes to your rescue. You can check the status of your card by your name in the following way:
How to check UID status by name?
Go to the portal > https://resident.uidai.net.in/web/resident/find-uid-eid
First of all, you need to go to the portal (Link provided above) sand check out if you have the enrollment number with yourself. If you have, it’s fine. It can be used to get the status; but even if you don’t have so, there are no such problems. You can obviously use your name to find the status of the Aadhar card and get an idea of how much more time it may need. You need to follow the following steps:
- Firstly, enter your name
- Enter your address
- Enter your phone number
- Enter the OTP code that is displayed to you on your phone
- You will get the enrolment number
- Now use this enrolment number to find your account and the status of your card. This may involve another process of entering an OTP
After you have received the status, you will be able to estimate how long you will need to get the card.
Always remember, there is nothing complicated about the process, and all you need to do is to use your brain as you are instructed. This will ensure that you face no problem while you check out the present status of the Aadhar card.